Adult FAQ's | Youth FAQ's
- Who can I contact if I am not receiving help or services from DOL/DET contract staff?
DOL/DET has a helpdesk that can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Tom Smith at 302-761-8123 or Eileen Schneese at 302-761-8127.
- In regards to eligibility of participants, is it required that participants reside in Delaware?
It depends. WIA Youth are required to reside in Delaware. Blue Collar Youth do not have to reside in Delaware. In both cases you must document the client's residency.
- How many hours of unsubsidized employment per week is considered part-time placement for outcomes? Will part-time employment count as a performance outcome?
24-29 hours per week are considered part-time employment. A client must be working no less than 24 hours per week to be considered for contract performance.
- Can clients be offenders on their way out of an institution?
Yes. All clients must meet the eligibility criteria described in policy 14.8.
- What is the definition of credential?
Nationally recognized degree or certificate or State recognized credential Credentials (H.S Dipl./GED, postsecondary degrees, recognized skills standards, licensure, apprenticeship or industry recognized certificates). Certificates are awarded in recognition of an individual's attainment of technical or occupational skills by a State Education Agency; an institution of higher education; a professional, industry or employer organization; a registered apprenticeship program, a public regulatory agency, a program approved by the Department of Veterans affairs; Job Corp Centers.
- In regards to credentials, is it acceptable for my program to offer another credential besides GED/High School Diploma?
Yes for older youth, as long as the credentials meets the definition. Younger youth (youth enrolled in the program at age 14-18), are measured by their attainment of a high school diploma or GED, not any other credential. It is also important to keep in mind that two of the mandated program elements are tutoring, study skills training, and instruction, leading to completion of secondary school, including dropout prevention strategies and alternative secondary school services, as appropriate. This means that a program would not be expected to provide GED/High School diploma service/instruction directly, but the program would be expected to provide the linkages to GED high School Diploma services/instructions if a youth did not have that credential.
- What does it mean in the RFP when is says "GED should be accessed at the schools, where possible"?
It means that your program should access GED /services/instruction wherever you can, at the schools when possible, but also at other locations if necessary.
- Is the current policy about combining work and school hours for performance outcomes still applicable?
Yes, we do not plan on any policy change there. Simply put this means that in the case of Younger Youth, hours in advance training or post secondary education can be combined with work hours to meet the definition of a program outcome.
- What is the Delaware Workforce Development Board's website?
- Who do I contact if I am experience a problem with accessing form on the website?
The Delaware Workforce Development Board at (302)761-8161.
- When completing the question 3.0 in the proposal data summary, what are the start and end dates?
The start date is 7/1/2009 and the end date is 6/30/2010.
- When completing the question 4.3 in the proposal data summary, who do I include as the total number of enrollments?
You would include the number of clients that you propose to serve with the funds requested that will receive at least one hour of training prior to their exit date within the contract period.
- What should my budget reflect?
The budget should reflect 100% of the cost of the proposed training that you are requesting through the proposal.
- If I am including rent costs in my budget do I indicate the total amount of rent, even though I pay a portion of rent with other fund?
No, you would only indicate the proposed program's cost/portion of the rent.
- On the Employee Listing Salary and Fringe Expenses page of the budget, what is the "other" line represent?
When completing this portion of the budget, you must indicate the total salary for staff who would be funded with the contract. For example, if an employee total salary is 20,000.00 and they were expected to spend 50% of their time on this Youth training program, then you would indicate 10,000.00 for "This Program" and 10,000.00 for "Other".